Object ID# 2011.SWT.032
Object Name Photograph
Black and white photo showing renovations being made to Braxton’s at the corner of Sugartown Road and Lancaster Avenue. The brick bank building can be seen in the background across Sugartown Road. Braxton’s is a stone building.
Printed on a sign before the building: “Braxton’s / Buckwalter / Open During / Construction / Entrance.” Handwritten on the rear: “Braxton’s / originally Sarah Siter House 1790’s. / sentry post for VF 1777-1778 / way-station for returned travellers on turnpike.” “July 1, 1976.” “Folder. / Wayne Businesses.”