Object ID# 2011.SWT.015
Object Name Copy print
Black and white photo of the first motorized fire rig of the Radnor Fire Co. (printed on side of rig). Wayne, Pa. is printed on the front, and above the Radnor Fire Co. is a large sign stating Knox Waterless. A driver and a partner are seated on the front seat. Five firemen on standing on the rest of the top and one on the rear step. Several other men, some firemen, can be seen standing behind the rig.
Handwritten on the rear: “First motorized fire rig built by Knox-Automobile Co. and / sold to Wayne, Penna in late 1905. / Property of the Knox Motor Car club of American.” “Folder: / Fire Co.”