Object ID# 2007.034.001
Object Name Copy Print
Black and white photo of the exterior of the home known as Timberline, taken at a distance.
Original owner -- William Hinckle Smith, b. 1861 = d. 1943. Married Jacqueline, Harrison, died 1934. Smith,a graduate of U. of Pa. in 1882, was a broker and financier. Subsequent owner was the Radnor Corp. Plot size -- 134 acres in 1926. 114 acres purchased from W.P. Clyde in 1901 and 20 acres purchased from W. Ramsey in 1901. Original architect -- Charles Adams Platt in 1907. Home demolished in 1976 for the Blue Route.