Date: November 16, 2008
Jointly sponsored by RHS, the Tredyffrin-Easttown Historical Society, and the Church. Our Lady of the Assumption was founded as a parish for Italian immigrants to the Main Line. Its history is the subject of the recently completed book, From Humble Beginnings, A Journey of Grace: A Centennial History of Our Lady of the Assumption Parish 1908—2008. The book’s authors and parish historians, Celia Paolantonio and Christine Gaeto, spent more than two years researching the parish history. With the help of visuals such as maps, historical documents, and photographs, they share the results of their research, touching on the reasons for immigration to the Main Line area, early Strafford history, and the building of the Church.