Object ID# 1995.0635
Object Name Copy Print
Black and white photo of the barn at the Kinterra estate taken in the autumn of 1874. Various men are in evidence: one on horseback and two or three others standing near a covered buggy and an open wagon, both to be horse drawn. Barn is large and white. A stone wall is at the left end and a smaller building can be seen at the right end.
Typed on a piece of paper that was stuck to the back: "Autumn 1874 / Barn at Kinterra, Church Rd., Wayne / Frank Dallett (1858-1935), is mounted. / He and his mother Mrs. Henry C. / Dallett, visiting the Watsons at / Kinterra, were making their first stay / in Radnor Twp. One of the other two / boys is Richard Watson, eldest son of / Richard Hubbard Watson, of Kinterra. / The other boy is one of the sons of / Dr. & Mrs. Walter Franklin Atlee of / "Ford Hook" (now Atlee Rd., Wayne). Mrs. / Dallett and Mrs. Atlee were French and / close friends of Mrs. Watson. The / negro hired man stands behind. The / barn appears with its Victorian additions, later removed. (original / photo in possession of F.J. Dallett, / Ithan, Pa., December, 1973 when this / copy given to Radnor Historical Society.)"