Browse Our Substantial Collection of Books and Publications
Our extensive library of books pertaining to local history is named for John L. Dale (1938-2020), a long-serving member of the Board of the Radnor Historical Society who passed his love of history on to Radnor High School students from 1969 through 1999. John joined our Board in 1981, serving as Vice President from 1985 to 1990 and Secretary of the Board from 1996 through 2004. He was appointed an Emeritus board member in 2012. John also served as co-editor of the Bulletin in 1985 and 1986.
Our collection of books has been at the core of our archival collection since the founding of the Society, when we occupied just a single room in the Finley House basement. Our collection now consists of over 650 volumes, which are available to view on site at the Finley House during our open hours.