Object ID# 2007.010.001
Object Name Copy Print
Black and white photo of the home known as Chetwynd.
“Chetwynd” located on Lancaster Avenue in what was known as Whitehall. Now Rosemont. Original owner, John H. Converse. Later owner in 1926, John W. Converse. Original plot size -- 60 acres in 1881, John W. Converse bought it in 1909 and called it “Spring Bank”. Acreage reduced to 36 acres in 1913, and then to 32 acres in 1926. Original architect was Wilson Brothers in 1883. More work in 1887 and 1890 by Wilsons followed by more in 1906 by Theophilus Chandler. House has been demolished.