Object ID# 1995.0772
Object Name Photograph
View of an automobile parked in front of the Longfellow House.
Handwritten on the back: "Longfellow House / A specimen of the craftsmanship of / the Derham Body Company (founded 1887) in front / of the Longfellow house, southeast corner of / Lancaster Ave. and Haverford Road, Rosemont, / demolished October, 1958. In this house then / owned by Charles J. Arthur, poet Henry Wadsworth / Longfellow stayed when he visited the centennial / Exhibition in 1876. From here he visited Old St. / Davids' Church;, Radnor, and wrote his poem about the / church."