Object ID# 1995.0643
Object Name Photograph
Exterior view of the Vanor Tenant house.
Handwritten on a piece of paper attached to the photograph: "V Early American Gothic / This little gate house was / built in about 1840 when people / began to copy Gothic style. / It is on the Chew place, called / Vanor / Lisa Barringer." Handwritten directly on the mount: "Torn down December 1956 / American Gothic Revival had very little / influence in Radnor, hence the rarity / and charm of the Vanor Tenant house."