Object ID# RHS-WH-C-6
Object Name Glass Plate Negative
View of the old toll-gate.
Typed on a piece of paper that was attached to the mount: "The old toll-gate at / St. Davids. / Upper picture shows it / as it stood at the N.W. / corner of Lancaster Pike / and Chamounix Road, until / about 1890. It was run by / David Whiteman, who also / operated a shoe store in / the same building. / Lower picture shows the / same toll house after it / had been moved further east / on Lancaster Pike, opposite / what is now Cambria Court. / It remained here until / abolished in the early 1920s."