Date: September 26, 2010
PCV hosted its donors and RHS members at the former Glencoe estate built in 1906 as a country home for Thomas McKean, Jr., namesake and descendant of a signer of the Declaration of Independence. Jim Garrison, a noted local architectural historian, lectured about the estate. Glencoe’s architect was George Bispham Page, who recreated English designs he had seen on his travels as a University of Pennsylvania scholar. In 1926 the 44 acre estate was purchased by Samuel Robinson, President of Acme Markets. Upon his death in 1959, Robinson left the property to the Presbyterian Church.